We're Hiring a Growth Executive
August 23, 2018
CMN Growth Executive
About Creative Mentor Network
Launched in 2015, Creative Mentor Network is a charity with a mission to make the creative world of work more diverse and inclusive through mentoring. We work with schools across London to connect talented 16-19 year olds from diverse backgrounds with those working in the creative industries.
We are working with some great partners across the creative industries - Havas, Soho House, ustwo, BBH, Pulse Films, Sony Music and Beggars Group amongst others.
Over our 16-week Mentor Training Course we train industry professionals as effective mentors and people managers. Our model is designed so that everyone wins: supportive careers guidance for students; training and development for mentors; access to diverse talent for creative businesses.
About the role
You’ll be at the heart of an initiative that will genuinely be making a difference to young people’s lives.
We need a powerhouse who can drive business development and marketing projects forward. We’re looking for someone who’s driven and not afraid of a challenge. The job is diverse and will evolve as we grow, which makes it a highly unique opportunity to develop and refine a valuable skill set.
We’re looking for someone who will take ownership of both CMN’s pipeline of leads to get more businesses to sign up as partners, and the digital communications to raise brand awareness.
We’re a small team, so general administrative support is a part of the role.
This is a 6 month contract role at the moment, but may turn into a permanent role. We are open to part-time and full-time set-ups. Our priority is our mission, not how you work.
Start date: ASAP
Salary: 18,000-24,000 depending on experience
Deadline: We want to find the right person as soon as possible. There’s no official deadline but we will begin interviewing as soon as applications start coming in.
- Highly organised with a proactive approach to improving processes
- Tenacious approach to achieving targets
- Friendly, personable and confident - you’ll be building relationships with clients.
- Excellent copywriter with good understanding for a story
- Ability to use social media tools and working knowledge of Photoshop would be great but isn’t essential!
Experience and interests:
- Demonstrated track record of achieving targets
- Proof they don’t drop balls and can manage lots of work-streams at once
- Passionate about diversity and inclusion issues and on top of relevant high profile discussions
- Preferably prior experience working in any of - HR and recruitment, or PR and marketing
- CRM: Managing the CRM system and the pipeline of inbound leads from registering interest to ‘closing’ - following up with potential clients once they’ve met with CEO to book places on the course and bring partners fully on board
- Relationships: Use your good relationship building skills to support the CEO to maintain good relationship with clients, ensuring they are happy with the service, and coming up with ways to upsell CMN services.
- Systems: To build and maintain administrative systems that streamline our processes and make us more efficient, in collaboration with the team
- Partnerships: Liaise with partners to get them excited about what we do, and ensure they commit to sharing content with their audiences.
- Coordination and admin: Overseeing the onboarding of all mentors to make sure they are fully engaged in the programme. Invoicing and sending contracts to clients - being main point of contact for questions about the programme. General diary management for CEO, organising high profile speaking events, setting up phone calls and meetings.
Marketing & social media:
- Planning: Contribute to and maintain a Communications calendar of activity for planning and scheduling.
- Writing: Produce compelling and concise copy, acting as copy-editor for content being produced across the team and our network of contributors and young people.
- Insights and research: Delving into diversity and inclusion debates, following current trends in youth creativity, public figures and reports. Working with CEO to write opinion pieces for blog, CMN social channels and CEO’s opinion pieces.
- Social media and e-comms: Take charge of social media and e-comms, working with the CMN team, mentor and mentee community to proactively document, and create engaging content for online (eg. high quality images, videos, blogs) and use it to raise brand awareness and to generate warm business leads.
- Press: Liaising with trade magazines and general press. Telling the CMN story and packaging our content to grow our coverage in the media. You will be responsible for building a press list and developing good relationships with journalists.
Please send a CV and cover letter of no longer than 500 words to email@example.com